Monday, October 01, 2007

did it really seem like a good idea at the time?

I am slammed with work. It's a good thing, I shouldn't complain, I just got a bunch of projects from my one client that should help build our down payment for a new home considerably. But, Toby is away for work until late Friday night and Oona's naps have shortened considerably. Looks like some heavily caffeinated nights in my future. Not to sound vain, but when you're pushing forty going with little sleep does not look good in the morning. I hate that my face now looks so haggard some days. I usually notice this when I look in a mirror with my face pressed next to Oona's, who has that beautiful, ripe, dewy skin I cherish in little ones. Oh well, what I really wanted to lament was all the post ideas I have which will now have to wait a bit, maybe that will build up suspense in the readers out there, whoever you are. And I must apologize for my totally delinquent book list, and Owen's too. But I'll leave you with this humorous article from The Wall Street Journal, Toby gets a subscription since he's in business school and I peruse it if I'm bored or procrastinating.

3 comments:

sew nancy said...

m's naps have been shorter this past week or so - only an hour and 15 minutes and with the baby keeping me up at night - it takes about an hour to go to sleep and then i wake up around 4 am and it takes at least another hour for me to go to sleep i've been feeling the same way. Ugh.
Good luck with the freelance and the week on your own.

Anonymous said...

Hope work goes quickly for you so you can get some rest. :)

Elise A. Miller said...

I hope they're not using their cell phones while drilling and drinking. Egads. Who seriously thinks this is a good idea? Sounds pricier (and deadlier) in the long run. Sending caffeinated vibes your way to get your work in on time and make some serious dough. Seriously.