Monday, October 22, 2007

feverish

In the past 5 days...

1. Oona's had a high fever
2. We carved pumpkins with Toby's parents, brother and our neice and the kids were all dancing around the living room like maniacs which caused the steel and MDF entertainment center to squeak ominously, everything on it was bouncing, and made me stand up near the monster tv to throw myself in front of it and save the kids if the whole contraption decided to collapse suddenly.
3. Entertained my Grandma, Aunt and Uncle at our house and punctured our front left tire driving them all to our house. I hit the curb, which has a large metal bar bowing out of it, Toby punctured our tire last year doing the exact same thing. As soon as I hit the curb I heard air escaping from our tire at a furious pace and muttered shit under my breath and my Grandma and Aunt both said 'Are you sure the tire's flat?' Oh yes.
4. Now Owen has Oona's high fever illness and I get to bring TWO kids to the car dealership tomorrow and deal with a sickie and a two year old in the waiting area. Fortunately, McDonalds and Denny's are both close by so I'll have to seek refuge and drown my sorrows in a semi flat soda at one of those bastions to shitty food and even shittier cleanliness standards, I shudder to think of the grime on everything.
5. Toby leaves on yet another trip tomorrow, the poor guy has been travelling every week for at least a month now, he comes home late Wednesday night and gets his wisdom teeth out on Thursday.

I so need one of those spa vacations that stars and the well-heeled take regularly over a long weekend. Coke, the soda not the drug, is my equivalent of a spa vacation. That and a hot shower and some cookies followed by going to bed early.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

hope things improve this week
i like the new banner