Sunday, July 29, 2007

half-blood prince and deathly hallows

Don't worry, don't worry there won't be any more Harry Potter book reviews now that I've finished the series. I know that lately it's been looking like I should change the blog name to harrypotter or leakycauldron or hogwarts. I whipped through these two over the past week because I was compelled to finish the last book before learning anything through the media. I actually cried through the last 100 or so pages of the final book of the series last night. So sad to see all these great characters go, but I'll be able to come back to them with Owen and Oona when they're older. I can't wait to revisit them with the kids because I think there are wonderful characters and children can learn a lot from these stories. Think I'm going to need a bit of a reading breather, I'll be showcasing books I'm reading with Owen.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

Can I tell you how impressed I am with your speeding through these books? I can't believe you were just on the 4th book a little over a week ago and now you're done. I long to cry over a good book again. You're a rock star. And you inspired me to crack Goblet a third time and try it again. I put it down twice after a half inch or so. But does this mean I should just start at the beginning since I probably forgot it all? hmmmmmm. I don't know. And now I get to be treated to kid-fic that I can read one day with Hamish. Thank you from the bottom of my cauldron. and let's catch up soon! xoxoxo