Monday, July 16, 2007

fondled then tossed aside

Gosh! I have so many posts that I've want to put up but I'm swamped with freelance work right now, which is a good thing money-wise but a bad thing for my back, shoulders,neck and right arm. And I need to put up a new banner for summer, summer will be over before I get to it. I'm going to have to go through old picutres of mine because it's hard for me to find something that epitomizes summer here in Pittsburgh, I guess because I always associate summer with the ocean and beach - I'll get something appropriately summery up there soon. Big news, Toby & I hired a babysitter for the first time ever (can you believe it?) the only people who have watched the kids have been our Moms but I really like this one girl who watches the children at the gym and she agreed to watch them Saturday so we could go out for Toby's birthday and we had such an enjoyable time. It's amazing just how much you can appreciate savoring a leisurely meal and bottle of wine without children! Everything went wonderfully, the sitter said the kids were great so maybe this is something we can do once or twice a month regularly now. Oooh, I might start feeling like an adult again if that happens.

So... I meant this to be a short post to say 'hi' but I wind up rambling about stuff totally unrelated to the pic & title of this post because I wanted to show this bracelet which is what everyone picked up and oohed at when I was at the craft show a lifetime ago but, man, no one would buy it! It was a steal at $40 with real turquoise, amber and sterling. The lady at the bead store told me the dice like beads were yak bone (not ivory) and that they use all of the yak. Who knows, could be resin I just loved the look of them they had great mah jong like yak bone beads too. Now all my beaded jewelry sits in a plastic container that used to contain bindi masala a year or so ago, hopefully I can sell that stuff some time in the future but no craft shows are in my future. I'm not enough of an extrovert for something like that again.

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

really lovely bracelet. great that you are getting freelance work.
hooray for a nice dinner out! i really ought to hire a babysitter one of these days. mick is always hinting at it.

Elise A. Miller said...

lovely jewels, and go you with the babysitting. happy birthday Toby!