Wednesday, December 20, 2006

(what's the story) morning glory?

Leave it to me to catch on to how wonderful Oasis is 10 years after their heyday. I feel like I missed some pivotal part of the nineties. I love love love this album and it's made me want to get more of their music. Oh and all the mythical controversy of this band; sibling rivalry of biblical proportions, substance abuse, regular bouts of pugilism, I have become an internet stalker of all things Oasis-related. Fortunately there's Wikipedia and Youtube which seem to facilitate internet obsessions.

I'm totally taken by their piss and vinegar attitude. This quote I got from Wikipedia showcases it perfectly... Later, (Noel) Gallagher became one of the more vocal skeptics in regards to the intended impact of Live 8, citing his belief that rock stars are not as influencing over world leaders as popular culture may believe. His explanation was "Correct me if I'm wrong, but are they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is on a quick 15-minute break at Gleneagles and sees Annie Lennox singing "Sweet Dreams" and thinks, 'Fuck me, she might have a point there, you know? And Keane doing "Somewhere Only We Know" and some Japanese businessman going, 'Aw, look at him… we should really fucking drop that debt, you know.' It's not going to happen, is it?"

2 comments:

Elise A. Miller said...

okay now I need to hear this band you call Oasis. I was slow too. Didn't discover those Spice Girls until '03. Meanwhile, could Owen be hipper? Merry Christmas.

Elise A. Miller said...

hey happy new year! i'm jonesing for a post! missing you already! love and kisses to all.