Sunday, December 31, 2006

christmas joy update

Sorry I haven't had a chance to write yet during the holidays. I don't know what made me think that being at home during the holidays would make things easier. Toby made an amazing Christmas dinner - turkey AND prime rib and all the assorted fixings to go with both. My culinary contribution was a couple quiches and some chocolate chip cookies (of course, I'm always happy to oblige when it comes to sweets). My Grandma had a wonderful time too and she can't stop singing Toby's praises, she's totally amazed that he does so much cooking, I guess it would be pretty rare to find a man that helps that much with the cooking and kids from her generation. We spent Christmas Eve at Toby's brother's.

The doodlepad that Owen got for Christmas was the hit of the party but Oona wasn't too pleased when her cousin wouldn't share the stylus. But Oona was thrilled with the phone that Owen got her. How she loves talking on her various toy phones, I don't know where she gets this as I'm frequently uncomfortable talking on the phone, I'm okay if I'm by myself but I can get very self conscious talking on the phone in public or in front of others, I just can't relax and, well, talk uninhibitedly.

The past couple of Christmases have been wonderful because Owen gets so excited about every present he opens. He's so grateful for everything too. He'd pull out clothes and hold them up to his face for me to take a pciture 'Look Mommy camo pants!' This coat my Mom got him was one of Toby's favorites, he looks like he should be joining Marlon Brando on the waterfront. One of Owen's favorite gifts was this Owen coffee cup that Santa got him. Poor thing when I handed him his stocking in the morning the cup fell out and hit him right in the face.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

owen looks sooooo handsome in his new coat. how great that he is a grateful present-getter. oona is beautiful as always.