Saturday, July 16, 2011

Deathly Hollows Part 2

Owen and I went to see Harry Potter last night, I was at a bit of a disadvantage having not seen the first half of Deathly Hollows, although I did read the book, but that was years ago. We went to the 3D version and I was so frustrated with myself that I started crying during the movie- why I should have been frustrated or surprised for that matter is beyond me since I bought Deathly Hollows the day it came out, read it in one day and was crying throughout reading it. Then I looked over at Owen part way through the movie and saw him lifting his 3D glasses to wipe away his tears. My little buddy. He's going to be my date for tearjerkers in the future, I'll just have to remember to bring a box of Kleenex for us to split. He leaned over to me and I hugged him rubbing his fuzzy head from time to time, his Dad shaved it last week 'doesn't it feel like velour' Owen said when he showed me his buzz cut. We teared up throughout the rest of the movie and on the ride home when we rehashed the best parts of the movie. He's such a sweet boy, I know he's getting older but I was so happy that he brought his wand to the movie and held my hand as we walked to the car.

Oh and can I just tell you, what a difference adulthood has made on Neville Longbottom. He is now really good looking and crazy tall, I think he towers over the rest of the cast. It's an amazing transformation I'm so happy Neville blossomed into his looks or whatever the male equivalent of blossoming is. Still love Ralph in all his evil noseless, bald glory, that man just makes me drool even as Voldemort. I also love Alan Rickman but am a bit concerned, he looked a bloated in the face with this last Harry Potter - I can't tell if it was the 3D glasses (I can't deal with 3D, I'm too shallow I guess, the glasses reflect the exit signs and it drive me batty),age, booze or illness.

No comments: