Sunday, July 17, 2011

ceilings

A few weeks ago I had the ceilings replastered in all the bedrooms and the hallway on the second floor, the living room and they redid the finish on the dining room ceiling so that it's smooth and not textured. They did a fantastic job and I was really pleased with their work but dreaded having to paint all these newly plastered ceilings, not to mention all the rooms that need repainting. It's a lot of work and my lower back has been bothering me for well over a month. Plus after I went to get a massage to ease this lower back issue, which didn't ease up, I now have a pulled groin muscle and rotator muscle (to keep my miserable back company) thanks to an overly enthusiastic masseuse who was pulling at my left limbs while chiding me for being so tight. I've been hampered with pain for over a month now. From now on I only go to the kooky masseuse who talks throughout the massage but actually works magic on my tense muscles. So I really wasn't looking forward to painting the ceilings but I tackled all but one (the living room) this weekend. And I went above and beyond, two coats of paint that goes on pink and dries white, thank God for that or else I would have gone crazy trying to discern where I had and hadn't yet painted. And I'm not noticing the pain in my groin or lower back because my neck, shoulders and upper back are in agony now. Nothing like displacing the focus of your pain. I rewarded myself with a triple scoop sundae, hot fudge, dry malt and whipped cream on top - it's scary I think I'm the person that frequents the local Baskin Robbins most often, aside from the people that work there. And there have been evenings where I've gotten that and a Reese's peanut butter cup sundae - I can live off of ice cream in the summer. But my real question is do you think I can just dip myself in Biofreeze and all my pain will go away? Maybe I should rub it on my temples and try to alleviate my psychic pain.

Well speaking of pain, I have to go back to my powerpoints and study for my test tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm already starting to panic over the idea of taking the NCLEX in the fall, my guardian angel/surrogate mother of nursing school tells me not to worry, that I'll do fine on it. But she isn't privy to the madness of my mind, that can over think the most obvious question when stressed. My God I'm going to need drugs to deal with the level of anxiety I'm going to get around that test come October. And then I need to find a job.

No comments: