Monday, July 11, 2011

batwings


Over the weekend I took a brief sojourn from all things nursing school, I had a twelve page psych assessment to type up, two care plans and an OB presentation, I was feeling a bit slammed and needed a breather so I headed over to the Gap because right after 4th of July you can get some crazy good deals. My score was this raspberry swiss dot batwing top that I got in Gap kids (XL). Originally $24.95 I got it for a dollar. Yes, $1. I was so thrilled with my score I wore it to class today, all smiley and happy thinking surely someone would comment on the cute top and then I could tell them the deal I got. No one said a thing, I don't seem to register with my nursing peers when it comes to fashion... or politics, music, anything? sigh. it's hard not fitting in. Well I went to pick up Owen and Oona from camp later in the day, the weather was crazy, torrential downpours with wind gusts so strong the rain drops went horizontal on my windshield. I was at a red light sheltered by the sizable bulk of West Penn hospital and I could still feel the wind tugging my car. I was scared to go when the light turned green, I thought my car would get carried down Liberty avenue (although if it could be written off as totaled and I could get a new car that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing). Well I got to camp unscathed and as soon as Oona saw me she came running over at full speed, saying how much she missed me and I was putting my weight in my legs so she wouldn't knock us both over when she gave me a fierce hug. Then Owen saw I was there and ran over to hug me. The first thing he said to me was, 'I like your shirt.' so I let him know how much I paid for it and he was suitably impressed, 'Wow! That was cheap!' it was all the confirmation I needed. Between the hugs and Owen noticing the bargain shirt I felt like the luckiest mom in the world.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

That top is great and I love the color. I have been sewing with swiss dot this week. True swiss dot fabric is gorgeous- I love the sheen, sheerness of it.
If I was in your class I would have noticed.:)