Tuesday, May 05, 2009

new beginings

Is it stealing if I took back the old issue of Domino that I had donated for the magazine rack at the gym? There are these pillows in it that are the most amazing shade of purple, muted with a shimmering grey cast. Not too bright, not too blue toned, not too close to mauve, just right. I'm imagining upholstering my sofa in this fabric, if I knew how to upholster, then repainting the living room and having it be very neutral, off white, beige, grey with dark wood accents and the punch of the purple sofa and maybe some bluish, teal as a secondary color accent. A girl can dream. I so want to learn how to upholster furniture because A. I like knowing how to fix stuff and B. it might be a good flexible side job during nursing school. Sooo this is the first chair I'm going to practice on. I got it for $9.99 so it's not a huge investment. I figure a little paint here, a little foam there, some nice new fabric and maybe my side business will begin. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

kristi said...

i LOVE this chair. it's awesome.

and i also really love your new header. you take the best photos of flowers/trees/"foliage" as my MIL calls it. ;)

happy friday!

Audrey said...

Go for it gal! Upholstery isn't that difficult, you'll do just fine. Also, love that chair - what a find for so cheap!

Keep us posted!

Elise A. Miller said...

i think you can steal back the mag. to ease guilt, if any, replace it with an old issue of O. xo!