Monday, May 18, 2009

in a nutshell

Yesterday my kids were talking to each other and their personalities were summed up in the following exchange.

Oona: 'When I grow up I want to be a fairy and a belly dancer and a ballerina and a doctor.'

Owen: 'I think it would be a really good idea if you can find one job where you can do all of those things that you'd like to do.'

Toby took them to a festival at the main branch of the library and they got their faces painted for free! Plus free carnival rides! And that's where Oona saw the belly dancers and added that to her long hyphenated what will I do when I grow up list. Why are they cutting library funding by 50% in Pittsburgh, why?

3 comments:

kristi said...

AWESOME! i love how practical owen is. can you imagine what must have been going through her brain after he told her that? haha

my kids say the same thing: "i want to be a rock star AND a doctor AND a teacher."

we just recommend picking something that will make $$ and be remotely fulfilling. ;)

sew nancy said...

yes that about sums it up perfectly from what i can tell

Elise A. Miller said...

love the career convo. so telling. and the face-painting! holy moses! what a talented artist! hope you're groovy! xo