Monday, November 24, 2008

cold snap

The cold weather has come too early to Pittsburgh. Here in the house of Amelia Plum that means... Oona's is experiencing the static induced bad hair days a month or two sooner than usual. Fortunately she's cute enough that she seems to be able to pull off the look. I've tried lightly coating my hands in lotion and then patting down her hair. But, honestly, nothing seems to work. It's so fine and she's adamant about having no barrettes or other type of hair accessories in said hair (I'm lucky to get a hat on her).

And Owen's back to hogging all the hot air coming out of the living room register. No wonder it's always so darn cold in the living room. I understand why Owen does it though, at times I think I should start a blog Feed Owen where I just put a picture up of him in all his skinny glory and see how much money we could collect in food donations. But I wouldn't do that because it's fraud and he does eat a lot it just doesn't seem to stick on him. Don't we wish we all had that problem?!

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

funny post
little m is so skinny too
and i remember the days you wished for oona to grow hair

Anonymous said...

Someone told me to try wiping a dryer sheet over my daughters static hair... I have not tried it b/c I love her "look" but you might want to give it a try ;)