Monday, October 23, 2006

sleep deprivation inebriation

I'm so overwhelmingly exhausted with watching two children, doing the domestic stuff attached to being a stay at home Mom, while trying to make jewelry for an upcoming craft show I'm in and visit my Grandmother a few times a week. I don't know how I'm able to still be semi-literate at this point. And my son wants a new fish and cat since our fish Orca died a couple months ago, our neighbors dog and hermit crab (named crabby owen in honor of my son) died the same day as Orca. Poor Lily held on a few more weeks and then she died too. I just don't think I can handle a new cat and fish, since I will be handling cleaning and feeding these two, until after my Grandmother passes. Until I'm well rested I think I've reached nuture overload. Sad to say that the only times I've gotten a great amount of sleep have been the two times I went to the ER for mysterious stomach pain and vomiting. The residents would look at me baffled and somewhat annoyed that none of the medications to curb vomiting helped me. Like it's all a sick ploy for attention on my part. But when they'd notice how much pain I was in when these awful pains gripped my belly, like someone was stabbing me with a knife made of acid, they gave me Demerol. YUM! That demerol would let me drop off into a blissful sleep where I couldn't feel the pain anymore. And both times I got to stay in the hospital for an additional day for testing, which wasn't so fun, but I managed to cram a ton of sleep into those 36 hours. And they never did figure out what was wrong with me. I guess that's my poor person's version of a get away spa.

No comments: