Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Oona, the burgeoning fashionista


Here's Oona in her new snowsuit, courtesy of her Grandma Cat, which I absolutely love. It's so bright and happy, just like her. And it's Hanna Andersson, one of Oona's pricier pieces of clothing - so it better last forever and get a good price when I sell it a couple years from now. She's using a wipe on the dirty old hand me down chair - can't say I blame her but a fire torch might be more useful on that crappy piece of furniture. I should be thankful that my in-laws gave us the chair and sofa, they were Toby's Nanny and Pappy's and we got the furniture after they died. The sofa and chair are very comfy, it's a big plus to have a sofa that Toby can actually lie down on without his feet hanging off of one end. It's just that they are so ugly, and not even ugly in a cool way just plain godawful ugliness.


Uh oh, there's Oona going into her favorite cupboard. The one that contains the bunch of yummy Belgian chocolate we got from Toby's host parents when they visited a couple weeks back, of which the supply has rapidly dwindled thanks to yours truly. I just love this little skirt that I got Oona at H&M. I think the cats with balloons on their tails is so kitschy and I love the bright colors, this seems to be a theme with me. I bought her another top that matches the skirt but it's even louder color wise; purple & pink stripes with an orange, pink, purple and white heart on it. I even bought orange, purple & pink striped tights to go with the outfit but I think she might meet the color saturation limit with all 3 articles of clothing on at the same time. Who knows? I know she doesn't look too hip in this but it's a comfy outfit and my Grandma loves to see Oona in the skirt, which looks a bit like a fifties poodle skirt. Oh this shot also gives me yet another thing to complain about in our house - don't you just love how the veneer on the side of the cabinet is a totally different color than the cabinet itself?! In our kitchen there are two cabinets with veneers too dark and this too light veneer. I don't know how the previous tenants didn't notice this but then I reflect back on all the amenities they brought to this home - the twister sized polka dots painted on the kitchen walls and the lovely cloud vanity in our upstairs bathroom. I guess I should be thankful they weren't more industrious with respect to home renovations.

No comments: