Wednesday, December 21, 2011

looted


Oona made graham cracker houses in class this past week. I guess graham crackers are a lot easier to manage architecturally with a classroom than gingerbread. Thing is when I picked up Oona the day she made it she looked at me with these very large, very sad, very manipulative eyes and said that kids kept asking her if they could have the candy from her house and she readily obliged. Hmm. Kids. So when I saw her there was one lonely candy cane shingle that she plopped off with her fingers and popped in her mouth. She continued to drag her nail through the frosting remaining on the rooftop, the better to get her sugar fix. By the time we got home the orange jelly ring wreath that hung over a door that was gone long before I picked her up was also in Oona's stomach. So I've got the pilfered remains of her graham cracker house hanging out on top of our bookshelf. I think the only thing that's stopped her from the graham cracker structure is 1. it's hot glue gunned onto a milk carton and 2. it's probably not as sweet, and therefore not nearly as valuable, as the other parts of the house that are now long gone.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

S thinks about candy all the time but of course with me sneaking chocolate who am I to point fingers . Merry Christmas to you all. Hope 2012 you well.