Friday, September 02, 2011

goodbye summer

I have only gotten around to having a summer banner on the last day of the kids summer vacation. Oh well, it will be up until I get around to the fall banner which might take awhile given I'll be in the last 8 week stretch of school. The last day before school was quite lovely, up until Oona's meltdown when we had to leave the park. But she quickly turned it around in the car, thank God. Hope the upcoming school year is healthy, happy and fun for any (and all) readers of my blog!


Oona with Nacho, a chihuahua Owen bought Oona with the $20 he found on the floor of a restaurant (he also got himself a basketball, trick handcuffs and a cap gun with caps and had twelve cents left, thanks to 5 below)


The comedy and tragedy of Panera

Owen's friend Patrick making like part of the creek and trying to trick the fish into his net.





Owen's cave. He spent most of his time at the park building it and I hung out with him and Patrick while Oona was with the other children and Moms. Patrick caught a big frog twice but I didn't have the camera with me at the time to commemorate the event.

thought the color of this mushroom was lovely. made sure to wash my hands thoroughly after handling.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

beautiful purple shroom. wow that's gorgeous, and your film seems to have captured the color too. nice creek structure too. very ambitious. Owen is a real mensch with that twenty bucks. way to go excellent mama!