Wednesday, April 09, 2008

hillbillyville

My neighborhood is one in a state of flux and I can't figure out if it's up and coming or coming on down and out. Section 8 projects in surrounding Garfield and East Liberty were razed within the past few years and all these displaced people filtered to Morningside (my nieghborhood), Highland Park and Bloomfield (where we used to live, the little Italy of Pittsburgh). I know that within the past 4 years crime and drugs have increased in both Morningside and Bloomfield, but I also see a lot of young couple with kids moving to Morningside. So who knows which way the neighborhood's going to go. Right now it drives me crazy that the park right across the street from me is one where I don't feel comfortable taking my kids because of drugs, garbarge and skanky ass teenagers who sulk and won't move out of the way to let my kids play on the jungle gym, this makes me apoplectic and I fear I will one day be arrested for assaulting some 15 year old with too much attitude.

On friday someone drove into our retaining wall, they had to clear the curb and 4 feet of sidewalk to hit it, which broke numerous stone blocks and shifted the whole wall in front of our house (about 20 feet worth of wall) 4 inches forward. Needless to say they must have screwed up their car pretty badly but didn't bother to leave a note about damaging our property. That would be too much to ask. We live on a corner yet frequently can't park our car anywhere near our house, big pain in the ass with two kids. There are two rentals at the front and side of our home that our filled with hard partying disrespectful scum. The one rental contains some punk who drives a Ford f-150 with a confederate flag bumper sticker, holographic stickers of the nude woman in profile (classy) and, a recent and new favorite, 'imports are like tampons, every pussy needs one'. Somehow he is clueless about oil being imported, and the fact that he probably gets two miles to the gallon in his monster truck must make him the biggest pussy around. Lovely, huh?! Just talking about this stuff makes me so angry and I have to edit the post because I start cursing like a sailor.

2 comments:

kristi said...

i know the subject matter you write about isn't funny, but when you start ranting you make me smile. hopefully reading it back to yourself makes you smile in the midst of dealing with all that crap in your 'hood!

Elise A. Miller said...

sorry about your wall. that sucks, but you are fecking hilarious. Love the bumper sticker and your commentary on it. rock on...