Thursday, November 01, 2007

happy halloween

Oona: 'My, what a large sword you have!'

Owen: 'I'll kill you and your precious kitty trick or treat bag too.'

Mom: 'Just silence the mewing kitty bag, it's all I ask! Well, that and go pee and wash your hands before we start trick or treating.'

Yes, as a Mom I feel like I'm constantly trampling on the good fun of holidays with my admonishments to wash your hands after you pee, watch out for cars, hold my hand crossing the street and say thank you after getting a treat.

Owen in his full costume, he could barely see out of the mask. He finally relented to taking off the mask once, after some heated protests, as dusk approached. We went trick or treating with his friend, Dahlia, the vampire, and her parents. They take karate together, Dahlia lands some solid kicks, I would not mess with her if I was Owen. They get along together really well, her parents are great, and it's a lot more fruitful gathering candy in our tightly packed neighborhood than in the sprawling suburbs, where Dahlia lives. Owen has already informed me that next year he wants to dress up as a witch's cat, like Oona's trick or treat bag.


Oona is spooked by our neighbor who was dressed up as a werewolf, complete with claw paw hands & feet. Me? I'm spooked by how yellow my teeth are, thanks to a dead front tooth. I have no explanation for the molars and canines, they're inexcusably yellow. Yikes! I'll have to talk to my dentist about effective over the counter bleach products next time I see him.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Halloween. The weather could not be beat here, such a nice change from the freezing rain of Halloween '06. Cheers all!

2 comments:

Elise A. Miller said...

your kids kick ASS. and you look HOT in that pic my woman. ooxx

sew nancy said...

fun costumes! nice to see a photo of you as well!
it will be fun to go trick or treating next year. we walked in the parade and matty had a blast. it was a miracle he wore his costume.