Monday, May 23, 2011

dilemma

I don't know how to even go about explaining what happened today. I picked my kids up early and took them to the place we usually go to so they can play for an hour or so before dinner. One of the parents I know, it's not like we're tight (I'm not really tight with anyone) but we talk when we're up there, wound up backing into my car. I saw the whole thing from a distance of about 50 yards. The parent got out of there car, looked at my car and then got back in their car and drove off. Now it's not like my car sustained major damage, hardly, the paint got scraped where my bumper was tapped. It wouldn't be a big deal if this parent had bothered to walk over and say something to me. But they didn't. I don't know why I didn't get up, maybe I assumed they would come over to me? I honestly can't say. But it makes me feel so crappy. And I don't even know what to say to this person next time I see them. Thanks for the hit and run on my car? I avoid conflict like the plague, so I'm obviously not going to say that, but what would be a way to politely get the point across that it totally wasn't cool to back into my car and then drive off hoping that I didn't see what I did?

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

hmm. this is tough
maybe you could ask her if her kids want to join yours at a nearby bumper car place...
okay maybe not.

Elise A. Miller said...

If there's no damage and you hate conflict, say nothing, avoid her for a month or so and then things will be more or less normal, water under the bridge. or if you're PMS-ing, fly off the handle at her the next time you see her. better yet, plow into her car and drive away. wait—maybe I'm PMS-ing...lots of luck however you decide to play it. it's a suckfest out there. xo