Tuesday, February 23, 2010

yikes

I'm into my second day of nursing school and already have a headache, but I think this is more due to the pillow I slept on last night. Trying to adjust to the new routine, up early, drop the kids off, in school a really long time (oh those lectures are killing me to sit still that long, I'm jiggling my legs constantly and I'm right up front. the teachers must want to kill me, the mature student acting like a teenager) Yes, that's right, I'm 99% sure that I'm the oldest student in the class. But I don't know that my age brings any wisdom and I'm probably more insecure than half the students there, I constantly overanalyze and doubt myself. Well I'm going to be so busy that might fall by the wayside due to sheer exhaustion. I should also take a picture of myself now and at graduation to see just how gray my hair goes in the next 18 months. Well, I'm not going to be able to write as many posts but I'm going to bring my camera with me and try to put pictures up, it will force me to get outside and walk which I really need to do during those brief breaks in lecture. Still I'm really excited about learning all this information I'm such a geek when it comes to medicine and learn the skills necessary for nursing (I just hope I'm one of those nurses that can give shots and put IVs in without hurting the patient, we all know those nurses that can leave you battered and bruised from a simple blood test. Please God let that not be me!) Wish me luck, say a prayer, send a good vibe my way. I can use all the help I can get.

3 comments:

sew nancy said...

sending good vibes and yes, please do learn to draw blood from the veins without stabbing over and over. it takes a rare nurse that can actually find my vein the first time
xo

kristi said...

thinking of you! xoxo

Elise A. Miller said...

prayer! vibes! and I thought of how meticulous and steady handed you are with a needle and thread and beads. If you can do that, you can get the vein. feel free to practice on me! love